This Valentine’s Day show your customers some love with these 4 ideas
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Plenty of couples will be planning their day – buying presents & cards and booking a romantic restaurant. What does this have to do with your business? Well, it’s the perfect opportunity to show your customers some love! Keeping customers coming back to you can be a challenge. So, why not show them you appreciate their custom? I’ve put together a list of four simple things you can do to show your customers some love this Valentine’s Day.
Shine the spotlight on your customers
It’s easy to get into the habit of talking about your business. But, by taking the time to highlight some of your customers’ businesses, you not only have great content, you also build some goodwill with your existing customers. So, what can you do?
- If you already have case studies, then take snippets from them and share them over your social media accounts.
- You can quickly create content if you don’t already have it. Ask selected customers to send in a short video about their business. Again, share these via your social media accounts.
- Let one of your best customers do a social media takeover on Valentine’s Day. Give them the opportunity to share useful information and tips around their business on your social media accounts.
To make this successful, make sure you tell your followers what you’re doing and tag the customers you choose to highlight in all the posts you share.
Host a social event
There’s nothing more special than getting an invitation to attend a social event out of the blue. It doesn’t have to be a fancy event or cost you loads of money. Here are some ideas:
- Pick a few customers local to you and invite them for tea and cake at a local, independent café.
- If you have a shop, have an open evening and invite your customers to share some drinks and nibbles with you.
- Create an online social using Facebook Live. Work out a topic you want to discuss and have attendees contribute by commenting.
Remember to keep your idea simple and make your customers the focus so they feel special.
Create a special offer
We’re all overrun with offers to buy presents for Valentine’s Day. So why not give your customers a Valentine’s Day present from you in the form of a special offer? Again, you don’t need to be overly extravagant.
- Offer a gift with an in-store purchase over a certain amount.
- Offer free delivery for orders placed on 14 February for online stores.
- Use a code to let customers book a guest ticket to an event for half price.
Whilst you want to make your customers feel appreciated, you shouldn’t feel like you have to give away the farm! Make sure you’re still making money.
Send a thank you
This one’s simple, and yet overlooked. Sending your customers a thank you is a great way to show them how much you appreciate them choosing your business. Here are some great ways you can do this:
- Create a Valentine-themed email. Then include your offer or event invitation. Save yourself time by using a pre-made Valentine’s template, such as the ones Constant Contact provides.
- Send a hand-written note. You’ll be amazed at the impact this has. Again, you don’t need to spend lots of money on getting cards designed. The fact you’ve made the effort to write will be enough.
- Create great thank you images to share on your social media accounts using tools like Canva or PicMonkey.
Showing your appreciation is a brilliant way to reinforce with your customers why they chose to do business with you in the first place.
These are a few of my ideas for you to show your customers some love on Valentine’s Day. I’m sure you can think of more of your own. Whatever you decide to do, make sure your customers are the focus.